Seared Scallop Sliders
Makes: 4 sliders
4 slider buns
2 Tbsp clarified butter
1 Tbsp whole butter
4 scallops, U10 size, cleaned with adductor muscle removed
8 tsp Chipotle Aïoli (see recipe below)
3 Tbsp Island Slaw (see recipe below)
4 Roma tomatoes, cut in ¼-in/6-mm slices
Salt and pepper to taste
4 basil leaves
2 tsp scallion, bias cut
- Spread clarified butter over hot sauté pan or flat-top stove. Brown bun interiors and set aside.
- Sear both sides of scallops until brown—about 2 minutes each side. Add more butter if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread Chipotle Aïoli on the inside of each bun.
- Place Island Slaw on bottom buns. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste, then place on top of slaw.
- Add basil leaves and scallops. Cover with top buns.
Makes: 5–6 cups/1.2–1.44 kg
3 cups/210 g green cabbage, shredded ¼ in/6 mm thin
½ cup/65 g red onions, sliced in ⅛-in/3-mm half moons
1 cup/140 g jicama, peeled, julienned 2 in/50 mm long
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, washed, chopped roughly
1 cup/55 g crispy wonton noodles
½ cup/120 ml Lime Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
Makes: 1 cup/240 ml
⅓ cup/80 ml lime juice
½ Tbsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp coarse black pepper
⅔ cup/160 ml extra virgin olive oil
Makes: 1 cup/230 g
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp canned chipotles in adobo
1/2 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients in food processor until incorporated.