1/2 cup sugar + 6 tbsp. sugar
10 1/2 tbsp. butter
1 1/3 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup almonds, peeled and ground
6-8 medium apples
Lemon rind, grated
- Preheat oven to 340°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground almonds with the grated lemon peel and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Peel the apples, cut into quarters and then into thin slices.
- Melt the butter.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the 6 tbsp. of sugar.
- Add the melted butter, the flour and the baking powder. Beat well.
- Pour the mixture into a cake tin lined with parchment paper.
- Press the sliced apples vertically into the mixture, pushing them right down into the pan so they are covered.
- Sprinkle with the mixture of sugar, almond and lemon.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour.