1/2 lb. ahi tuna steak, cut 1/4" x 1/4"
8 oz. Tuna Poke Dressing (see recipe below)
3 cups Guacamole (see recipe below)
40 pieces Tommy's Flatbread (see recipe below)
8 tbsp. arugula microgreens (see your local farmer)
2 ring molds (2 1/2" wide x 3")
Tuna Poke Dressing
1/3 cup sesame oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
3/4 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
3/4 tbsp. chipotle pepper paste
1 lime, halved and juiced
1 tbsp. shallot, minced
4 tsp. cilantro, washed and finely chopped
4 tsp. parsley, washed and finely chopped
4 tbsp. capers
- In a clean mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together with a wire whip.
- Stir before each use when blending with the tuna.
2 avocados, pitted, skinned and diced 1/4"
1/2 cup yellow onions, finely diced
1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and minced
1 cup ripe tomato, diced small
2 limes, halved and juiced
1/4 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
1/2 cup green onions, bias cut 1/4"
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- Cut all items according to specifications.
- Gently fold together all ingredients and place into a clean storage container.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole so that no air gets in until ready to serve.
olive oil (or olive oil blend)
salt and pepper
- Lay out sheets of flatbread on a sheet pan.
- Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the bread.
- Place in 250° F oven for 8-10 minutes, or until crisp.
Tuna Poke Plating Instructions:
- In a clean mixing bowl, gently mix all ingredients together except for the guacamole.
- Toss well to coat the tuna evenly. Begin to build the molds starting with the guacamole at 1 1/2 oz.; add 1 1/2 oz. of the tuna, then 1 1/2 oz. more of the guacamole and finish with 1 1/2 oz. of the tuna.
- Lay out 5 pieces of flatbread in front of the ring mold and garnish with 1 tbsp. of the arugula microgreens.
- Gently remove the ring.
- Serve with crisp tortilla chips if you don't have flatbread.