STEP 1: PREPARE HOUSE SALT & PEPPER
- Add all ingredients together and mix well. (place to the side)
STEP 2: PREPARE MARINADE
- Mix all ingredients together in a clean mixing bowl. Store refrigerated.
- Toss the steak medallions in the marinade, and let it sit in the refrigerator for 6-12 hours before grilling. Do not marinate for longer than 12 hours.
STEP 3: PREPARE VINAIGRETTE
- In a clean mixing bowl, coombine all of the ingredients except for the sesame oil, sesame seeds, vegetable oil and olive oil. Place the ingredients in the bowl into a blender and puree until all is incorporated. Next, blend the oils together in a mixing bowl and begin adding into the blender at high speed in a slow steady stream until all of the oils are incorporated. Once dressing is fully emulsified, add the sesame seeds and pulse the blender 1 time. Remove the dressing fro mthe blender and hold refrigerated until ready to serve.
STEP 4: COOKING STEAK
- Place steak on a clean, well-oiled grill, and cook to your desired doneness.
STEP 5: COOKING POTATOES
- When the steak is half cooked, place the potatoes on the grill.
TIP: Cooking time for potatoes will be about 4 minutes on each side
TIP: For added flavor, prior to grilling coat with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with house salt and pepper
STEP 6: SERVING INSTRUCTIONS
- While steaks are grilling, fry shittake mushrooms in some olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with the binaigrette, using tongs to evenly distribute. Divide the salad equally among four plates, and drizzle the garlic aioli on top of the salad.
- Top the sald with fried shiitake mushrooms, and put the quartered tomatoes to the side of the salad.
- Once steaks are done, slice them against the grain iinto approximately 5-6 pieces. Season the steak pieces with House Salt and Pepper.
- Neatly arrange the steak in shingles next to the salad on one side. Place the grilled potatoes on the opposite end.