- 6 eggs
- 6 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 boxes white cake mix, each 16-18 oz
- 2 3/4 cups water
- Myer's ® Dark Rum as needed
- 3 1/4 White Chocolate Frosting
- 24 oz canned crushed pineapple pieces, drained throughly
- Toasted Coconut as needed (see recipe below)
- White Chocolate Mousse Whipped Cream as needed (see recipe below)
- Mix eggs, oil, cake mix and half the water at medium speed for 1 minute. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula. Add remaining water gradually over 1 minute while mixing on low speed.
- Scrape sides of bowl again, then mix for 30 seconds on medium speed.
- Coat two 10-in round cake pans woth cooking spray. Divide cake batter between pans. Bake at 325 F for 55 minutes. Cake is done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool at room temperature before removing cake from from pan.
- Cut top layer of each cake so that it is completely level. Use a cake leveler to slice each cake in two 1/2-inch thick layer (four in total). Remove brown edges on all sides.
- Use a spray bottle to cover cake layer with rum. Spread 1 cup of White Chocolate Frosting evenly over top. Distribute one-third of the crushed pineapple pieces over frosting.
- Repeat process for the next two cake layers, stacking each layer on top of the previous one.
- With the fourth layer, spray rum and cover with frosting but do not add crushed pineapple. Use remaining frosting to completey cover the top and sides of the cake.
- Cover with toasted coconut on top and sides. Garnish with White Chocolate Mousse Whipped Cream. Serve immediately.
- 12 oz coconut flakes, sweetened
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread coconut flakes across pan. Bake at 375 F for about 10 minutes until light-medium brown. Stir occasionally to ensure coconut toasts evenly.
- Cool at room temperature before use.
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 2 1/2 oz semisweet chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups powdered suger, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups butter, melted
- 5 oz unsweetened chocolate
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler until there are no lumps. Stir occasionally.
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WHIPPED CREAM
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 white chocolate mousse powder
- Mix heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla for 2 minutes.
- Add white chocolate mousse powder and continue whipping until stiff peaks are formed. Refrigerate until use.