1 10" graham cracker crust
1 egg white
2 1/2 cups Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup pasteurized egg yolks
1 cup key lime juice
1 lime, sliced into 8 equally-sized "wheels"
White Chocolate Mousse Whipped Cream as desired (see recipe below)
- Brush egg whites onto uncooked pie shell using a pastry brush, making sure the shell is evenly coated. Pour off any excess egg whites.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place pie shell in oven and bake for 5 minutes. Shell should look golden brown.
- Let cool at room temperature.
- While the shell is cooling, mix the egg yolks and condensed milk together using a wire whip until incorporated.
- Pour the key lime juice into the mixture of yolks and condensed milk, slowly mixing with the wire whip until incorporated.
- Add the key lime pie mixture into the cooled pie shell.
- Adjust the oven temperature to 250° F and bake pie for 25-30 minutes. The finished pie should have a "Jell-O®"-like consistency.
- Place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Cut into 8 even slices when serving.
White Chocolate Mousse Whipped Cream
8 fl. oz. heavy cream
3/4 oz. powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp. instant white chocolate mousse
- Using an electric mixer, combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Using the whisk attachment, beat cream mixture on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the white chocolate mousse to the cream mixture and mix until it reaches the consistency of stiff peaks.
- Place the whipped cream into a piping bag with an open star tip. When serving, pipe it onto each piece of key lime pie. (If you do not have a piping bag, you can simply dollop a generous scoop of the whipped cream onto the center of each piece.)
- Cut a slice in your lime "wheels," twist and place in the center of each piece.