The classic blondie gets an island upgrade in this decadent, nutty dessert. The richness of the brown butter pairs perfectly with macadamia nuts, creating a sweet escape from the holiday hustle and bustle.
MAKES: 9 to 12 servings
BROWN BUTTER MIXTURE
- 4 Tbsp/55 g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup/75 g light brown sugar
- ½ tsp/2 ml vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp/2 g kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp/15 g all-purpose flour
- Cook butter in saucepan over medium heat for 5-8 minutes, stirring often, until butter begins to foam and turn brown.
- Transfer butter to mixer bowl. Add egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat at medium speed for about 3 minutes, until mixture falls back on itself in a ribbon.
- Add flour and mix until fully incorporated.