- What's Happening
- Store Locations
- International Locations
- Restaurant Locations
What is personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
2 We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
(2) mailing or street address;
(3) email address;
(4) telephone number;
(5) age or birth date;
(7) profession, occupation or job title;
(8) details of the goods you have acquired from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to supply those goods to you and to respond to your enquiries;
(9) any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
(10) information you provide to us in our stores or via customer surveys from time to time.
3 We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
4 We may collect personal information about you:
(1) at the sales counter or other point of sale where you purchase goods from us; or
(2) when you contact us, such as by telephone or email or via our website.
What happens if we can't collect your personal information?
5 If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
(1) we may not be able to supply any goods to you;
(2) we may not be able to provide you with information about goods that you may wish to buy, including information about special promotions; or
(3) we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
What do you use my personal information for?
6 Any personal information we collect may be used:
(1) to provide our goods to you and to send communications requested by you;
(2) to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new goods;
(3) to communicate promotional offers and special events to you;
(4) to send you news about us or our goods, information about our activities and other general marketing material which we believe may be useful or of interest to you;
(5) to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
(6) for our internal administrative needs and for planning and product development purposes;
(7) to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
(8) to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
(9) to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
(10) to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority. or
(11) for any other purpose authorised by you.
What about direct marketing?
7 We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email and will be sent in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
8 We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
11 Security and data quality We are committed to protecting your personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and will take all reasonable steps to ensure this. All personal information which we collect (including your contact details) is kept confidential to the best of our ability. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information sent to us over the Internet or by email.
12 We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form.
To whom do you disclose my personal information?
14 Otherwise, we will not disclose personal information that we hold about you to any person, except:
(1) to our officers, employees and related companies who have a genuine business need to know your personal information; or
(2) on a confidential basis to any sub-contractors or agents that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing.
15 We will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to an unrelated third party, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose which is not incidental to the purpose for which you provided your personal information to us.
16 If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner or at all, we will use all reasonable endeavours to comply with your request but we may still use or disclose that information if:
(1) we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
(2) we are required by law or court or tribunal order to disclose the information.
Access, correction and retention
18 Where we hold personal information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access that personal information (such as by emailing it or posting it to you). There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
19 If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request that we amend our records. We will consider if the information requires amendment and if we do not agree that your personal information should be amended, we will, if you request, add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
20 If we no longer need to hold your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that information.
21 You are entitled to request that we edit or delete such information unless we are required by law to retain it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
22 If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time.
Our contact details
The Privacy Officer
Tommy Bahama Australia Pty Ltd
c/o Tommy Bahama Guest Services
428 Westlake Avenue North, Suite 388
Seattle, Washington 98109-5223
United States of America
TEL: +1866 986 8282 (International call)
Effective Date: 19 February 2014