- Our World of Products
- About Tommy Bahama
- Partners & Special Events
SHRIMP AVALONServes 4-6
12 oz. jumbo shrimp (16/20 size), peeled, de-veined, tail off
4 jumbo shrimp (16/20), peeled, de-veined, tail on
1/2 tsp. celery salt
8 oz. Veggie Blend (see recipe below)
10 oz. Juice Blend (see recipe below)
4 oz. avocado, diced 1/4"
4 tbsp. Tabasco® Green Jalapeño Sauce
1 tsp. Spike® seasoning
4 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 oz. Dungeness crab meat
4 cilantro sprigs
12 oz. white corn chips
- Place shrimp in mixing bowl and toss with the celery salt. Make sure spice is evenly distributed. Keep the 4 tail-on shrimp separate from the rest of the tail-off shrimp.
- Steam in a large pot with a strainer for 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Do not overcook.
- Place shrimp immediately in refrigerator to chill, keeping the tail-on and tail-off shrimp separate. Do not run under water.
- When completely cooled, dice the tail-off shrimp into 1/2" pieces. Do not dice the tail-on shrimp. Set all shrimp aside.
10 oz. English seedless cucumbers, diced 1/4"
2 oz. yellow onion, diced 1/4"
4 oz. tomatoes, diced 1/4"
2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Yield: 1 lb.
14 fl. oz. Clamato® juice
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
5 1/2 oz. ketchup
Tabasco® to taste
20 oz. water
1 1/2 tsp. shrimp base
1/4 tsp. Spike® seasoning
1/4 tsp. Tabasco® Green Jalapeño Sauce
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Use 1 cup of hot water and mix the shrimp base until dissolved. Let this cool for a while.
- Once cool, add the rest of the cold water to the mixture.
- Measure out and add the rest of the ingredients to the juice blend.
- In a small bowl, mix the diced cooked shrimp with the veggie blend and juice.
- Add the lime juice, Tabasco® and Spike® seasoning. Mix together.
- Place into serving dish.
- Top with fresh, diced avocado and top with crab meat.
- Garnish with a cilantro sprig and the 4 tail-on shrimp.