- Our World of Products
- About Tommy Bahama
- Partners & Special Events
MESQUITE WILD MUSHROOM FLATBREADServes 1
1 sheet lavash flatbread
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup Mesquite Wild Mushroom Mixture (see recipe below)
1 tbsp. Tomato Jam (see recipe below)
1 tbsp. Parmesan or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
1 tbsp. goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 tbsp. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 tbsp. basil, chopped
- Brush one side of the flatbread with olive oil. Grill it, oiled side down, for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Grill the other side for no more than 1 minute.
- Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
Mesquite Wild Mushroom Mixture
1 tbsp. olive oil
5 brown beech mushrooms, sliced
5 Maitake mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. shallots, shaved
1 sprig thyme, chopped
1 sprig rosemary, chopped
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
2 tsp. Tommy Bahama® Mesquite Gourmet Spice Rub Blend
1 tsp. butter
- Heat olive oil on high setting in a cast iron skillet to the smoking point.
- Lower to medium heat and add the garlic and shallots. Once shallots are caramelized, add the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and Mesquite Rub Blend.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the butter. Let the mixture to cool until it's warm.
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 14-oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook for approximately 4 minutes, stirring often, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost all the liquid evaporates and the mixture is reduced to about 2 1/4 cups.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Evenly spread the Tomato Jam on the flatbread. Then layer on the Mesquite Wild Mushroom Mixture, Parmesan, goat and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Place the topped flatbread on a baking sheet. Broil in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until the cheeses melt.
- Remove from the oven and cut into 3 equal pieces. Plate the pieces and garnish with basil.