- Now Featuring
- Our World of Products
- About Tommy Bahama
- Partners & Special Events
CHIPOTLE, ONION & AVOCADO DIPServes 4
3 tbsp. butter
1 cup onions, finely diced
2 tbsp. chipotle spice
1/2 tbsp. oregano, finely chopped
3 large avocados
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
1 medium Roma tomato, diced
2 tbsp. lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a pan. Add onions and cook on medium heat for about 6 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Add chipotle spice and oregano. Cook for about 2 minutes while stirring often.
- Remove the seasoned onions from the pan and let them cool to room temperature.
- Mash avocados in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add sour cream, cilantro, Roma tomato and lime juice to the mashed avocados and mix together evenly.
- Add the cooled onions and mix thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips, pita, crackers, veggies or serve on tacos, sandwiches and salads.