- Now Featuring
- Our World of Products
- About Tommy Bahama
- Partners & Special Events
CHICKEN LOLLIPOPSServes 4
2 1/2 cups Tommy's Blackberry Brandy Barbeque Sauce (see recipe below)
2 1/2 cups Mango Barbeque Glaze (see recipe below)
2 cups Jerk Remoulade (see recipe below)
3 lbs. Chicken Drummettes (see recipe below)
Tommy's Blackberry Brandy Barbeque Sauce
2 tbsp. minced shallots
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 cup blackberry brandy
2/3 cup honey
2 tbsp. cornstarch slurry (even parts cool water and cornstarch)
- Combine all ingredients (except the cornstarch slurry) into a saucepot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add the slurry. Turn the heat to medium high and cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
Mango Barbeque Glaze
1 cup Major Grey's Mango Chutney, pureed in a blender
1/2 cup Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
1 cup Blackberry Brandy Barbeque Sauce
1 oz. Tabasco® Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a medium-sized sauce pot and bring to a low, soft boil.
- Reduce temperature to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the glaze from the heat and let cool until ready to serve.
1 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 oz. whole grain mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. Tabasco® sauce
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 oz. milk
1/2 tbsp. Caribbean Jerk spice
1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- Blend all ingredients in a blender (except for the Jerk spice and the chili garlic sauce).
- Fold in the last two ingredients with a whisk.
3 lbs. chicken drummettes
2 cucumbers, cut into 2" batons
Kosher salt to taste
Coarse ground black pepper to taste
- French cut the chicken drumettes by cutting the leg tendons, so that the meat balls at the end of the bone. Then, trim the knuckles.
- After trimming the drummettes, place them in a clean mixing bowl and season them with salt and pepper.
- Place them on a pre-heated char-grill and put grill marks on them, turning them frequently and making sure they do not burn.
- Place the chicken lollipops in an oven pre-heated to 400° F. Cook until their internal temperature is 165° F.
- Remove them from the oven and toss them in the Mango Barbeque Glaze.
- Place 4 Chicken Drummettes on a plate.
- Serve with a side of the Jerk Remoulade and cucumber batons, seasoned with salt and pepper.