- Our World of Products
- About Tommy Bahama
- Partners & Special Events
ARCTIC CHARServes 4
4 6-oz. fillets Arctic char*
2 oz. pecorino romano, shredded
2 tsp. House Salt & Pepper (see recipe below)
6 fl. oz. Sweet Pea Sauce (see recipe below)
10 oz. Apple Fennel Slaw (see recipe below)
12 oz. Risotto (see recipe below)
4 tbsp. sweet peas
4 cilantro sprigs
1 oz. unsalted butter, cubed
8 fl. oz chicken stock (broth), low sodium
*Salmon may be substituted for Arctic char.
Arctic Char Ingredients:
4 6-oz. fillets Arctic char
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
House Salt & Pepper
3 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. coarse grind black pepper
1/2 tsp. white pepper
Add all ingredients together and mix well.
- Place lightly-oiled Arctic char on a very clean, pre-heated grill.
- Cook at medium heat, making diamond marks on both sides of the fish.
- When finished cooking, remove from grill and season with 1/2 tsp. of House Salt & Pepper on both sides. Brush with a little olive oil and let rest in a warm spot.
2 cups arborio rice
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
8 cups chicken stock
4 oz. yellow onion, 1/4" dice
1/2 fl. oz. olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. shallots, minced
- Add oil to a medium-heated, heavy-bottom sauce pan.
- Add onions, shallots, garlic and rice. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Important: Add chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time and cook until all liquid is gone.
- Stir rice while adding stock, to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Rice should almost be cooked when finished with the stock.
Sweet Pea Sauce
3 1/2 cups sweet peas
2 fl. oz. Meyer lemon juice
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 1/2 oz. yellow onion, minced
2 fl. oz. heavy cream
1 oz. garlic, minced
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 fl. oz. olive oil
1/2 tsp. white pepper
- Add the House Salt & Pepper and Meyer lemon juice to a small bowl and slowly whisk in the olive oil. Reserve.
- Sweat onions and garlic in olive oil in a sauce pan until translucent.
- Add cream, stock and the mixture from step 1 to the sauce pan. Bring to a soft boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add peas and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add to blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
Risotto with Sweet Pea Sauce Instructions:
- Using low-to-moderate heat, add chicken stock, sweet pea sauce and risotto to a sauté pan.
- Gently cook the risotto until it looks creamy.
- Add the cheese; the risotto should tighten up a bit. Finish by adding the butter for a nice shine. Hold.
Apple Fennel Slaw
1 lb. fennel bulbs, tops removed
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 oz. cilantro, washed, rough chopped
1/4 tsp. cumin, ground
1 tsp. House Salt & Pepper
10 1/4 oz. green apples
1/8 cup white truffle oil
2 fl. oz. lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
1 qt. water
- Add lemon juice to the water and set aside.
- Cut apples into 4 pieces and remove core.
- Slice apples on Chinese mandolin to a large julienne (or a little bigger than 1/16" thick).
- Place in lemon water.
- Slice the fennel bulbs against the grain on the Chinese mandolin, matching the thickness of the apple slices.
- In a separate bowl, mix cilantro, House Salt & Pepper, white truffle oil, honey, lemon juice and cumin together.
- Strain apples and shaved fennel. Add the dressing and mix until incorporated. Reserve.
- Place cooked risotto on the plate first.
- Next, add the cooked fish and top with the Apple Fennel Slaw.
- Garnish with the cilantro sprig.